Overview & Objectives
With the advent of digital content, it’s impossible to ignore the shift in marketing trends which demonstrate that users are even less likely to engage with written content, making visual content a very powerful form of communication. So much so, it is estimated that 80% of marketers use visual assets in their campaigns as it proves to be significantly more effective and engaging.
Thus, it is an ever evolving and rapidly growing discipline in which graphic design experts are highly sought after. This 30-hour programme aims to prepare the learner for a career in design by exposing them to the fundamentals of design, the creative processes as well as practical technical skills needed to create digital images, illustrations, and layouts using class leading software.
On successful completion of this course, the learner will:
- Identify design principles and apply them to visual communication.
- Create simple graphic designs from concept to the finished product using graphic design tools.
- Use simple graphic design tools and techniques such as typography, colour, composition and narrative for the intended design.
- Produce graphic design processes and concepts with professionals in the field.
- Apply basic design principles to present ideas, information, products, and services in a creative visual manner
- Have the fundamental technical skills, knowledge, and abilities in graphic design
- Demonstrate adherence to professional graphic design industry standards
Who Should Attend
Students, Job Seekers, Adult Learners and individuals with a keen interest to learn key transferable skills in graphic or content design that has vast applications in a diverse range of industries
▷ Adobe Photoshop
- Introduction to Adobe Photoshop
- Getting started with Photoshop
- Working with Images
- Resizing & Cropping Images
- Working with Basic Selections
- Creating Special Effects
- Creating Threshuld effects on portrait (Brush)
▷ Adobe Illustrator
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator
- Working With Paths
- Working With Layers
- Working with Type
- Saving/Slicing for the Web
- Image and Photoshop Integration
- Printing & Exporting
Vijayendran has more than 10 years of Industry experience in UI UX (Use Interface & User Experience), Graphic & Web Design. Successfully worked on multiple projects related to web design, graphics, illustrations, logo design, storyboards and branding. Currently attached with PETRONAS, he has rebranded the corporate website. Vijayendran created a new dynamic look and also implemented a responsive design for several PETRONAS Intranet Portal projects.
Specialist in full website development, Front-End Development and Share Point 2007, 2010, 2013 and .Net. Certified in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver. He is also, proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, WordPress, HTML/HTML5 and CSS/CSS3.